I’ve had the wind knocked out of me twice in a month and am still gathering myself together. As a permissive move for myself, in avoidance of my publishing schedule, I have gathered past journals and resurfaced my learned lessons from the last four years.
2018 was never published so that’s your bonus. A filler episode with a bonus scene? Now, wouldn’t love that?
2015 – The Year of Healing
- Vulnerability is your greatest strength.
- Hate is not negative.
- Social validation is not a good motivator.
- No one has the full picture.
- Asking for more yields more.
- Some things don’t require response.
- Art is not hard.
- Beginner’s mind is one of the most valuable mindsets.
- Time spent by yourself is spent on yourself.
- Stick around those who want to stick around you.
- Chasing smiles is a worthwhile endeavor.
- Love becomes more complex and beautiful as you get older.
- No rain means no waterfalls.
2016 - The Year of Self-Esteem
- Direct compassion inwards.
- Solace should be sought out not run from.
- Get out of your own way.
- The immeasurables are far more valuable than we realize.
- Most boundaries are made up.
- Not being heard makes people desperate.
- Loving someone is never shameful.
- There’s magic in the nuances.
- 1% compounded daily is 3800%.
- An intentional life is worth fighting for.
- Wanting it doesn’t mean you’re entitled to it.
2017 - The Year of Forgiveness
- Love is a verb, a skill, and a choice.
- Only you should tell your story.
- Commitment’s rewards can only be seen in retrospect.
- Shame must be accepted in order to be felt.
- Time should always be an equal exchange.
- Your actions speak every day.
- You can move forward without taking a step.
- Do the things only you can do.
2018 - The Year of Refilling
- All things take longer than expected.
- Staying home brings its own rewards.
- Carry only your own problems.
- Your time is yours.
- Say ‘no’ more and as kindly as you can.
- Mindless travelling is mindless.
- Live football games are awesome.
You should write too. Save yourself sort of thing.